My husband created this recipe, and it is soooo good! Our son-in-law requests it every year for his birthday dinner. If you like buffalo chicken wings, then you’ll love this dish.
Louie’s Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts
Make two stuffed breasts.
2 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
3 Tablespoons chopped celery
2 Slices of Pepper Jack cheese
3 oz. Cream cheese
2 Tablespoons Blue cheese crumbles
1 Tablespoons Sharp cheddar cheese
Buffalo wing sauce
Dried bread crumbs
French’s fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a backing dish.
1. Pound the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/2 inch thickness and set them aside.
2. In a small saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until soft.
3. Mix together, cream cheese, blue cheese and sharp cheddar cheese and set aside…sorry this picture turned out a little blurry, but you get the idea.
4. Pour enough of the Buffalo sauce into a dish to coat the breasts. My husband used both regular and hot flavored sauce. You can use whatever flavor of Buffalo sauce you like.
5. For the crunchy coating, place some dried bread crumbs, French’s fried onions and Parmesan cheese in a large plastic bag and crush by hand or with a rolling pin. Pour mixture into a pie plate.
6. Coat each side of the chicken breast in the sauce and lay on wax paper.
7. Top each breast with half the sautéed onion and celery, one slice of Pepper Jack cheese, and half of the cream cheese mixture.
8. Roll up chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks. Roll in remaining sauce and then in the bread crumb mixture to coat. Place in prepared baking dish.
9. Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then remove the cover and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Let sit for a few minutes before serving.
We served our stuffed buffalo chicken breasts with corn on the cob and cantaloupe. For dessert we were going to have Key Lime pie, but I forgot to thaw it, so we settled for ice cream and cookies…that pie would have been a cool and refreshing ending to this spicy dish.
You really need to try this recipe…it will definitely be one you’ll make over and over.