A few weeks ago, I found this granola bar recipe and thought it would be the perfect breakfast for me…something quick and easy to eat. I made some and have been eating them for breakfast ever since…and I get my daily chocolate fix too. Besides being a quick and easy breakfast, the fiber is helping my system move things along…if you know what I mean.
INGREDIENTS – Make 12 bars
2 1/4 cups Rolled Oats
3/4 cup Rice Krispie Cereal (I used Kroger Crispy Rice cereal…it’s cheaper)
1/2 cup Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 1/2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Butter, melted
3 tablespoons Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Honey
1/2 cup mini M & M’s
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease one 9 X 9 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, wheat flour, baking soda and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla, melted butter, peanut butter and honey and mix with one hand until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Stir in M & M’s
- Dump mixture into pan, spread out evenly, then press firmly
- Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned, pressing the mixture down again after 10 minutes.
- Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven, press again, and cool 10 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
Note: I use a plastic knife to cut all my baked goods…it won’t scratch your pans and cuts more smoothly than a regular knife.
Let bars cool completely before removing.
Wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store in a covered container.
My grandson, Caden, likes them too! He’s a cutie!