Here’s an easy cream of potato soup recipe you can make in the microwave that will surely warm you up on a chilly fall night.
If you’re like my husband and like crackers in your soup, you gotta try the seasoned oyster crackers. Besides potato soup, they’re great in chicken noodle soup too.
Microwave Cream Of Potato Soup
4 strips bacon
3 cups potatoes, cubed
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon celery salt, or 1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Cook bacon until crisp, saving 1 – 2 tablespoons bacon grease.
2. Combine potatoes, onion, celery salt, water and salt in a 2 quart casserole dish.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 10 – 12 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
4. Mix flour, milk, chicken broth, bacon grease and parsley in a 4 cup measuring cup until smooth.
5. Stir milk mixture into potatoes and microwave uncovered on high for 15 – 20 minutes until thickened. Stir occasionally during cooking.
6. Garnish with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese and seasoned oyster crackers.
Seasoned Oyster Crackers
1 box or bag of Oyster crackers
1/2 cup oil
1 package dry Ranch dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1. Put crackers in a gallon ziplock bag.
2. In a 1 cup measuring cup, mix the remaining ingredients until well blended.
3. Pour mixture over crackers, close bag and shake until all pieces are coated.
4. Empty crackers into a container and allow them to sit uncovered until dry.
5. Store tightly covered.