I had a craving for carrot cake for days, so I thought I would make some individual carrot cakes using my jumbo cupcake tin. I prefer the individual cakes versus a whole cake because they’re easier to serve and they stay fresher longer.
JUMBO CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup oil
2 eggs (at room temperature)
1 cup grated carrots, about 3 medium
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place cupcake holders in cupcake tin.
2. Add the first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Blend for 1 minute on low speed.
3. Stir in carrots and nuts and pour evenly into cupcake holders.
4. Bake for 32 – 34 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Frost with cream cheese frosting (below)
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
3 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 – 3 cups confectioner sugar
Beat cream cheese with milk and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sugar a little at a time, beating until smooth and to the desired consistency.
Carrot cake for desert…I made myself and my husband very happy!