When my niece, Lisa, was getting married I decided to make her a recipe book. I asked all the women in our family for a few of their favorite recipes and put them in the book. Once the book was finished I gave everyone a copy. It’s been more than 12 years and I’m still using that recipe book.
This recipe was donated by my oldest sister and it’s one we make all the time.
Chicken Lickin’ Pork Chops
3 – 4 pork loin chops (I like using loin chops because they’re boneless)
1/4 cup flour
pepper and garlic powder
2 tablespoons oil
1 can chicken & stars soup
1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. In a large ziplock bag, mix flour, pepper and garlic powder (don’t add salt, the soup will provide enough).
3. Place chops in bag and shake to coat.
4. Place chops in hot skillet and brown on both sides.
5. Reduce heat and add soup and garlic. Stir to mix.
6. Cover and simmer on low for 45 – 60 minutes, turning every so often, until tender.
Serve with mashed potatoes (yes, we like our mashed taters), green veggie and butter bread…Mmm!
Place browned chops in Crock-Pot, add soup and garlic, and cook on low for 6 -8 hours or 3 1/2 hours on high.
These pork chops come out so tender you can cut them with a fork!