My son-in-law is out of town on business, so my husband and I are having my daughter and her three kids over for a spaghetti dinner. As a little surprise, I’m planning on making my Cheesy Garlic Bread. Everyone in our family loves this bread. It’s a nice change of pace and is so easy to make.
Give it a try and I know it will be one of your family favorites too.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
1 loaf French/Italian bread
3 cups shredded cheddar or sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 minced garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon chopped/minced garlic in a jar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine mayonnaise and garlic in a large bowl, add cheese and mix until the cheese is coated. The mixture will be thick…don’t be tempted to add more mayonnaise.
3. Cut the bread in half lengthwise but not all the way through. I use about 3/4 of a loaf…we like it extra cheesy.
4. Place the bread open on a cookie sheet and spread the cheese mixture over the entire cut surface of the bread.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
6. Let stand for 2 minutes before slicing.